Paramotor Magazine: Avoiding Airspace

Paramotor Magazine, issue 25, June/July 2011 Even if you don’t normally fly near airspace it’s important to know the rules of your country. That way when you move sites or fly XC you won’t be taken by surprise. With a plethora of technological marvels on the market, we find out how some top pilots deal with airspace.



THE WORLD CHAMPION: MEMORY MAP “I usually print my own air maps from Memory Map,” says Michel Carnet, current World Champion. “Or the same air maps used on my iPhone with the Memory Map app.”

Memory Map digital charts cover the US, UK, Europe, Australia and New Zealand and can be downloaded to your laptop, iPad and iPhone, bought on CD or used on Memory Map’s Adventurer series of GPS devices.

Users can customise maps on screen and also print them out. “I only use the iPhone in flight when I know I am flying very close to airspace,” says Michel, “otherwise I use the printed map.” www.memory-map.co.uk or through the iPhone App Store

Read more at Paramotormag.com
You have just read the article entitled Paramotor Magazine: Avoiding Airspace. Please read the article from Tim Wallbank About , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://timwallbank.blogspot.com/2011/09/paramotor-magazine-avoiding-airspace.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Tim Wallbank